How we help you bring a Private Prosecution
If you have a case that requires investigation or you want to find out more about pursuing a private prosecution, then please get in touch. Here is how the private prosecution process works:
- When you contact us, we will take full details of the case including confirmation as to whether the Police or any other investigatory bodies have been involved, and if so, to what extent.
- We will discuss your particular requirements and agree a fee in advance for the required work, be that initial investigation, gathering and preserving evidence, legal advice and representation or a combination of each.
- Subject to our initial discussions, a detailed assessment will be carried out and next steps agreed including the preparation of an investigation plan.
- At every stage, we will continue to evaluate the viability of the private prosecution case and will advise you if we reach the view that it is not strong enough to proceed. In pursuing any prosecution case, there are often changing factors to consider such as evidential and disclosure issues, so it is important that the case is kept under regular review.
- Where appropriate, witness interviews will be carried out and steps taken to obtain and preserve relevant evidence.
- Witness statements will be prepared together with supporting documents and exhibits.
- Where appropriate, expert evidence may be needed, for example from digital forensic experts who can examine computer data or forensic accountants to review financial records.